Second Parliamentary Elections 2013: National Assembly Poll Day for General Election
The Election Commission of Bhutan would like to remind the general public that Saturday, the 13th of July 2013 is the Poll Day for the General Elections 2013, in all the 47 Demkhongs of the twenty Dzongkhags.
All are urged to note the followings;
- The above-mentioned Poll Day is a Public Holiday and the Election Commission hereby reminds all offices and businesses to remain closed on that day and all employers are required by law to grant required number of days as Election Leave for any Registered Voter wishing to go to vote in person.
- The Hours of Polling shall be from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Voters are reminded to carry their Voter Photo Identity Card (VPIC) and Citizenship Identity Card (CID) while coming to cast their vote in the Polling Station.
- All Registered Voters are urged to come out to vote to ensure that you have your say in the election of the Candidate of your choice in the National Assembly with the important mandate of the Executive as well as a Legislative House under the Constitution of Kingdom of Bhutan.
- Since the General Election is taking place in the rainy season, peak paddy transplantation and other agricultural activities, all farmers are requested to make prior arrangements to schedule the activities so as to able to travel to exercise their precious Franchise safely on Saturday the 13th of July 2013.
Issued on the 30th Day of the 5th Month of the Water Female Snake Year corresponding to 8th of July 2013.
Chief Election Commissioner of Bhutan