This is for kind information of the general public that Monday, 25th of January 2016 is the Poll Day for Elections in the three Dzongkhag Thromdes of Gelegphu, Phuentshogling and Thimphu.
Therefore, in pursuance of Section 329 of the Election Act of the Kingdom of Bhutan 2008, the Election Commission of Bhutan declares the above day as a Public Holiday and hereby:
- Reminds all Offices and Businesses in these Thromdes to remain closed.
- No voters or person shall carry any weapon including a pen knife in a polling station and other public places on the Poll Day.
- Mobile phones or camera shall not be allowed in a polling station.
- The polling time is from 8.a.m. to 4.p.m.
- It is not necessary for all members of a family to visit a polling station at the same time.
- All voters must carry their Voter Photo Identity Card (VPIC) and Citizenship Identity Card to the polling station.
Issued on the 14th Day of the 12th Month of the Wood Female Sheep Year corresponding to 22nd of January 2016.
(Chogyal Dago Rigdzin)
Chief Election Commissioner of Bhutan