The Election Commission of Bhutan (ECB) is pleased to notify the general public and all eligible voters to take note of the following in preparation for the Poll Day of the General Elections (GE) which falls on 9th January, 2024:
1.The ECB shall accept only valid original Citizenship Identity Card (CID) or original Voter Photo Identity Card (VPIC) for verification of the voter’s identity at the polling stations on the poll day.
2. Photocopy, softcopy, expired CID and soft copy of VPIC shall not be accepted.
3. Money receipts for CIDs under process or lost cases, driving licenses, passports or any other documents besides the CID and VPIC shall not be accepted on the poll day.
4. All eligible voters must ensure to check their CID cards and process for renewal, if validity is found expired.
5. Those registered postal voters wishing to change their address for the GE may contact the concerned Dzongkhag Election Office or respective Demkhong’s Returning Officer and get their addresses updated latest by 14th December 2023. Alternatively, one can call the toll-free number 2008.
6. Teachers and students who registered as postal voters and now wish to vote at their designated polling stations in their constituencies during the GE may contact the concerned Dzongkhag Election Office or their respective Demkhong’s Returning Officers to get their status updated latest by 14th December 2023. Alternatively, one can call the toll-free number 2008.
7. The polling time for the General Elections, 2023-24 shall be from 8am to 5pm.
8. Smaller meetings by the party presidents and candidates shall be between 7 am and 5 pm.
The ECB solicits the understanding and full cooperation of all voters to contribute to the success of the General Elections, 2023-24.
Election Commission of Bhutan