- The single person voting signifies his/her ballot is secret and the election is free and fair.
- The white colour of the body represents the purity of mind, thought and speech of the person casting the ballot.
- The National Crest and National Flag signify the people of Bhutan discharging their responsibility for
- The blue background signifies colour of the sky which represents equanimity and neutrality.
- The green colour of the ballot signifies preservation of the traditional values yet nurturing modern democratic principles of Governance.